Pages

Friday, June 11, 2010

This dresser is a Thomasville piece I got at a thrift store for $50.00. It was beautifully made and very sturdy and the carved ribbon fronts were very unique and interesting. I have yet to find the perfect replacement hardward but it's got nine solid dovetailed drawers with good runners and two cabinet doors hiding three drawers behind. It's seven feet long so takes up a lot of space but is a real showpiece.  I made the mistake of finishing it with a bombay cherry stain that had the polyeurethane already in it but it was so thick it pooled up in the crevices and doesn't look as smooth as I anticipated. I suspect someday I'll sand it down and try again.
It's a piece I expect to pass down to someone because it's so beautiful and well made.

No comments:

Post a Comment